Humanity has evolved through time and so as health conditions. Back then, people may identify fever as it is, but nowadays, we know it is a symptom of an infection in the body, and it is not the disease. It is merely a sign that there is something wrong inside us. Among the many things that are intriguing is mental health. Given the limitations of healthcare resources, how is it treated during those times?
Many people nowadays suffer mental health issues such as anxiety and depression because of some factors affecting the lifestyle. It seems that the transformation from the conventional to the modern age is not as smooth as we think because it silently affects people. Compare the problems people had to face 50 years ago. Today, because of lifestyle and knowledge advancement, people are too privileged to react to even the senseless conflict.
5 Reasons Why People Are Prone To Mental Health Issues Nowadays:
- People nowadays are in the middle of a transformation. The world right now is far different from the one we had 20 years back. Tim Berners-Lee designed the World Wide Web in 1990, and ever since then, life has never been the same for humankind. Where does this put the people who lived half of their lives without it? They may struggle to keep up as it might be too late to change perspectives for some. Technology emphasizes the age
- Given that we have internet now, it allowed for unlimited access to the lives of people around the world, and as much as knowledge and information are an advantage, they create much confusion that branches out. Somehow, they affect people’s perspectives. We establish culture and belief based on where we are geographically, and when people start to see that life may be lived differently, it is human nature to desire and act for change.
- Technology has also affected relationships. Today, we can communicate with our loved ones even when they are a thousand miles away. With thousands of ways to keep in touch, there is a sense of confidence. While we are unsure if it’s a good or bad thing, there is a thin line between being confident about a relationship and taking someone for granted. People are often careless of the things they don’t think they will lose.
- Healthcare is one of the many things that significantly Today, it is a goal to have medical insurance because somehow we are sure that the hospital is where we are going to go, but is medical insurance a thing back then? With the advancement in our healthcare system, why do we have more health problems nowadays? Why do people get sick often? It seems we focus our mindset to the fact that there is a cure rather than “Prevention is always better than cure.” Visit https://www.familyeducation.com to read more relevant information.
- Our parents may know a different world, and they raise us to how they think would make us do well in life. However, it is a bit more complicated nowadays that most of the things we grew up learning may be challenging like eating healthy. Young adults are in a race, and time is something they lack. They seem to have no time to be healthy. The grocery stores are full of preserved and processed goods, and the streets are filled with fast-food restaurants. Convenience is a golden thing which is a significant hindrance to wellness.
Along with the advancement in our lifestyle comprising communication and healthcare, people nowadays experience the progression and the prevalence of diseases including mental health issues. Maybe humanity has evolved, and the challenges we know are all part of the process. Perhaps a few decades from now, we have fully transformed, and all will finally be smooth.