Adopting or upgrading your EHR? Preparing for a CMS or Medicaid audit? Questions about MU attestation? Becoming a Medical Home? Looking for access to more patient health data?
There’s a lot to do. We can help.
Welcome to the Rhode Island Regional Extension Center for Health Information Technology (RI-REC), your go-to resource for all your health IT needs.
Your practice has a dedicated staff and a deep commitment to patient care. What you don’t have is time- especially the time needed to optimize your Health IT. RI-REC is here to help you address your health IT needs – so you can stay focused on caring for your patients.
RI-REC in 6 easy steps:
- Join RIREC – it’s free.
- Choose a level of service (Basic, Premium, Premium Plus); Our Premium Plus Service is what most of our members receive and is available at a low cost.
- For Premium and Premium Plus members, a dedicated Relationship Manager (RM) will be assigned to your practice and will schedule an initial consultation.
- Your RM will listen to you to determine what health IT services and support your practice needs.
- You can consider your RM to be an integral part of your practice team, ready to guide you every step of the way.
- Result: Your practice is more compliant, productive and efficient, and you gain peace of mind.
RI-REC: Dollars-and-cents reasons to join now.
RI REC can help you determine incentives for which you may qualify and align with new reimbursement models – as well as avoid fines which may not be readily apparent to you. Consider the following incentives for joining RI-REC now.
- Incentives for EHR Adoption and Meaningful Use: Your practice may qualify for incentives offered by RI Payers for EHR adoption and achieving Meaningful Use. For example, Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI offers an increased physicians’ fee payment schedule for meeting the requirements of Meaningful Use (MU) and helps physicians defray the cost of an EHR through its EHR grant program. Some payers also offer incentives to use CurrentCare (RI’s statewide health information exchange), which can assist with meeting MU measures (medication reconciliation, for example).
- Penalty protection for Medicaid or Medicare providers: Depending upon whether you qualify as a Medicaid or Medicare provider, there are reimbursement penalties for not attesting to MU each year. RI-REC is here to ensure you have the information you need to avoid penalties.
- PCMH Assistance: RI-REC can assist you with reaching your goals of focusing on patient-centered care, being recognized as an NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and aligning with new reimbursement models.
- Audit Preparation: RI-REC helps providers prepare for a possible MU audit by informing you about the documentation you need to retain. A failed audit means that a provider may need to return any MU incentive payment he/she receives from CMS.
Improve productivity. Strengthen patient retention. Grow your practice.
By joining RI-REC, you will remain ahead of the technology curve. For starters, we help you navigate the requirements of Meaningful Use; keep you abreast of best practices; connect you to CurrentCare; and prepare you for new payment models. With a direct connection to the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC), the RI-REC participates in the development of new policies that later affect providers like you.
And we're just getting started.
Meet your new "hires."
RI-REC’s staff is well-versed in providing services that matter to you. For example, our expertise includes all aspects of EHR and Meaningful Use, as well as the preparation necessary for Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) certification. In fact, our Relationship Managers are NCQA Content Expert certified! We’ll guide you through the critical process of converting paper-based records to an electronic system. We’ll help you understand the best ways to incorporate CurrentCare Hospital Alerts and CurrentCare Viewer into your practice workflow. We’ll assist you with recurring reporting requirements. When it comes to IT project management, we do it all.
Let us put our established relationships to work for you.
When you join RI-REC, you’re immediately part of a network that supports you and your practice. The relationships we’ve established, both in the RI healthcare community and at the federal level, can help you quickly find answers and address health IT challenges your practice is facing. These relationships include:
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- RI Department of Health
- RI Medicaid office
- Care Transformation Collaborative of Rhode Island (CTC)
- PCMH Kids
- RI Medical Society
- Healthcentric Advisors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI
- United Healthcare
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- EHR software vendors
- Technical service consultants
- Privacy & security vendors
- Health information service providers (HISPs)
Our network helps us keep you informed of the latest trends, rules, regulations and requirements you need to know to keep your busy practice running smoothly.
RI-REC is one-stop shopping.
Large-scale changes to workflow involve challenges and obstacles. To help navigate the process of implementing various health IT initiatives, each RI REC Premium and Premium Plus Member is assigned a Relationship Manager. This subject-matter expert and red-tape clutter, will assess your needs and create a program custom-built for your practice.
For example, your Relationship Manager can guide you through the process of adopting and implementing the right EHR for your practice. Unbiased and “vendor-neutral,” he or she will also connect you with other providers to get invaluable feedback on what has worked – and what hasn’t. Once your EHR is in place, your Relationship Manager will act as a liaison between your practice and your vendor to ensure you get answers to questions as they arise.
We coordinate all the health IT services you require including: preparing for Meaningful Use audits, ensuring your compliance relative to privacy and security issues, guiding you toward patient centered medical home recognition, and connecting you to the statewide health information exchange “CurrentCare”.
Dedicated to education.
Education and training are at the very core of RI-REC’s value to provider practices. To get the most out of your health IT investment, you need to stay up-to-date. RI-REC provides an annual HIPAA training for you and your staff (Premium and Premium Plus members), as well as webinars and in-person seminars from subject matter experts on HIPAA compliance, Meaningful Use, CurrentCare services and other health IT-related topics (available to all members).