The Rhode Island Regional Extension Center (RI REC) is a service of the Rhode Island Quality Institute (RIQI), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality, safety, and value of healthcare in Rhode Island. RIQI also operates CurrentCare, RI’s statewide Health Information Exchange (HIE). The RI REC is a trusted resource and partner to RI healthcare organizations to assist with the implementation and use of health information technology, including CurrentCare.
Providers receive expert advice from the RI REC on Meaningful Use and benefit from education, training, resources and support for REC and HIE programs and services:
- CurrentCare Services – The RI REC works closely with the state HIE to deliver access to patient health data through the CurrentCare Viewer and Hospital Alerts
- Direct – Direct messaging is secure email for transmitting patients’ protected health information (PHI). It allows for provider-to-provider communication and enables providers to receive Hospital Alerts when a patient is admitted to a hospital or emergency department
- EHR Adoption for PCPs and Specialists – RI REC provides assistance to eligible providers in selecting an EHR and achieving Meaningful Use
- EHR Integration – Becoming a data sharing partner by integrating EHR data with CurrentCare helps to improve communication and coordination of care with other providers
- Vendor Marketplace – RI REC’s Vendor Marketplace is composed of pre-qualified EHR software vendors, technical service consultants and health information service providers (HISPs). We help providers assess vendor options, make cost and functionality comparisons and simplify the decision-making process.
- Health IT Certification – The RI REC is one of just four Regional Extension Centers that have partnered with Health IT Certification, LLC to provide training in four professional certification programs: CPEHR, CPHIT, CPHIE, and CPORA
RIQI has partnered with Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) to encourage participation in CurrentCare. BCBSRI is offering incentives to boost patient enrollment in the HIE and to encourage provider use of CurrentCare Viewer and Hospital Alerts. The RI REC staff is available to assist Rhode Island primary care providers with meeting the eligibility requirements of the incentive program. Click here to view the fact sheet.
To learn more about the RI REC’s programs and services please call 888-924-4156.
Doctors are Talking About CurrentCare
Coastal Medical’s Dr. David Fried discusses the
advantages of CurrentCare’s Hospital Alerts:
Dr. Fried talks about the importance of ensuring consistent
communication and patient care with CurrentCare:
Dr. Karen Blackmer of University Family Medicine encourages all
of her patients to enroll in CurrentCare:
RI Regional Extension Center, Rhode Island Quality Institute • 50 Holden Street, Suite 300 • Providence, RI 02908 • 401.276.9141